Friday 14 November 2008

Genius. Truly, genius.

Having just finished a steaming bowl of fresh, chunky, tomato & basil soup (with freshly baked warm bread & thick real butter - perfect for a whitesky winter day with the leaves laying thick in the garden), I was in the mood for a particular type of music - but wasnt entirely sure 'what'. So, having had it recommended to me by various people, I sat at the mac and turned on iTunes *Genius!* mode which, for the uninitiated of you, professes to create playlists for you based on the 'mood' of a song you choose, and also recommends new music based on your existing iTunes catalogue. 

I highlighted Jesca Hoop's 'Love and Love Again', which seemed like an appropriate song for the moment, clicked the spincycle icon, and this is the playlist that *Genius!* created for me:

JESCA HOOP - Love and Love Again
FLEET FOXES - Tiger Mountain Peasant Song
FEIST - The Water
KT TUNSTALL - Someday Soon
BON IVER - Blindsided
RICHARD HAWLEY - Valentine
THE CORAL - Put The Sun Back
THE RUMBLE STRIPS - Oh Creole
JOE LEAN & THE JING JANG JONG - Lucio Starts Fires
MIDLAKE - It Covers the Hillside
JAMES MORRISON - Call The Police
COCONUT RECORDS - Summer Day
ELBOW - Grounds For Divorce
WE ARE SCIENTISTS - The Great Escape
LAURA MARLING - Cross Your Fingers
RUFUS WAINWRIGHT - April Fools
RADIOHEAD - House of Cards
REGINA SPEKTOR - Samson

is that not the coolest list of music you've ever seen?! Yes, it comes from music I already have, but we all know how hard it is to actually find the right music for the right moment even from our own existing collections. But now, I shall never falter again!! Ahhhhhh this is just the absolutely perfect mix of music. Genius, you might say.

So that was all really, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm of this wonderful new gizmo that actually lives up to it's rather important name. It's just about made my day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment